Sunday, January 22, 2012

Catching up!

Well it’s been two weeks and a lot has been happening. Casey finished his BYU Scholarship application and has been busier than ever. Besides being on the varsity basketball team, Casey was asked to serve as an escort for Mireya, who was vying for Apple Blossom princess or Queen. This involved numerous late night practices that culminated in an evening of performing. He not only escorted Mireya on and off stage, but he also performed in a pirate skit/dance. He was great! I loved watching him perform and trying to read his facial expressions. I sure am proud of my boy! He also recently found out that he has been chosen to play in the East/West State football game in June. This is a huge honor as he has been chosen out of over 200 players in the state of Washington. To say he is excited is an understatement. This last week was not only the Apple Blossom event but it was finals week as well. I am sure he is looking forward to some down time.



As for me, I have been busy helping my sister with her homework, keeping up with a new grade (which I love by the way!), helping four National Board Candidates, preparing Sunday school lessons, daily walks with Shannon and Celeste, and trying my best to keep up with Casey! An extremely busy life, but a happy one. I have taken up Shannon’s quest to PINplete at least one thing a week. My focus has been on food for my family so far, but I look forward to feeling like I have my head enough above water to start some crafts or decorating. Haley Dame asked me to spring train with her for a ½ marathon, and I want to. I just have to figure out how to fit it into my already full schedule. We shall see!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You got some great pics of Apple Blossom! Hopefully, things will slow down a bit now and you will have a bit more free time. Just don't drop out of the walks! ;)

Carrie said...

Not a chance Shannon!!!

Grammy Rae said...

Casey did a great job on the dance, I didn't get to see anything else. Any chance you have some pictures of your Harry Potter room?