Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Summer!

This summer flew by! We started the summer off with Casey and I flying to Utah to get him settled into his dorm room at Heritage Halls. We flew in on Wednesday June 13th , went shopping ALL day Thursday and moved in entirely by Friday. He was one happy boy!
I spent Saturday and Sunday on my own and even went to temple square where I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the first time. On Sunday night, Casey and I flew back to Seattle where Kelly picked us up. Monday morning we all drove from Seattle to Yakima to drop Casey off for the East/West football camp and game.
On Tuesday the 19th, I drove back over to Seattle to be with Cindi while she had her surgery and then stayed until Friday and drove back to Wenatchee so that Kelly and I could attend Casey’s game in Yakima on Saturday. Are you exhausted yet? Well it didn’t end there. We then drove from Casey’s game to Seattle in order to fly back to Utah on Sunday. We resettled Casey in his dorm, sent him to school, and spent the next six days exploring Salt Lake and the surrounding area. It was great to spend such quality one-on-one time with Kelly. When we arrived back in town, I went right back to Cindi sitting. She had a rough time with the medication and recovery so I spent much of July with her and the boys. This was probably a good thing because I didn’t have time to miss Casey too much. (and the missionaries moved in to boot!) During this time, I got the bright idea that I should paint some murals for my companion classroom. As you can see I was VERY busy! Between the castle walls and Hogwarts Express I spent many hours painting.
I did however take some time to do two projects for my house. Andy bought these old windows at a yard sale and this is what I did with them.
I bought this ‘screen’ at a yard sale for $2, painted, and added some chicken wire and wa la a new head board! I still need to order some black and white picks to hang on the wire but that will have to be a later post.
Casey flew home on the 11th of August and spent ten days resting and recuperating from a rough summer quarter of studying and having fun. We finished off our summer by driving down to Utah with Shannon and Bronte Toolson. This was one of the best road trips I have EVER been on. We laughed the entire way down. Shannon and I enjoyed spending time with these two wonderful kids and we were extremely sad to leave them behind.
Shannon and I were lucky enough to be able to spend our evenings at her sister-in-law’s house. Their daughter was sweet and gave up her bedroom for us. Although we didn’t end up with as much ‘just us’ time as we had expected (How do you say no to two teenagers who want to spend time with you?), Shannon and I went to the Jordan River Temple while we were there and left feeling very spiritually uplifted. A great way to wrap up my summer!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I have to get to MOE and see those murals in person - they look fabulous! And your headboard! You had quite the summer; I am so thankful that I got to spend parts of it with you. :)