Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fun, Fireworks, and a Furry Critter

These past two weeks have been full of experiences. We were invited to a BBQ at the Thomas household and enjoyed good food, good friends, and lots of laughter! I love watching Casey interact with this great group of kids! My cheeks hurt from laughing.



While we were waiting for the fireworks to start, I tried to snap a photo of the kids. It didn't work out so well.



After the BBQ we went with the Toolson's to Wapato Point to enjoy more great friendship and awesome fireworks! I think this was the most relaxed Fourth of July I have had in years. I loved seeing the fireworks reflect on the lake and illuminate the boats.



This firework was pretty neat!



The Fourth of July also brought us this furry little critter. Casey and Kelly first noticed the kittens the week before and hoped that mom would come back and take care of them. When we returned home late on the fourth, this little one was in the middle of the driveway with its sibling nowhere in sight. Kelly stopped and moved the kitten back to where it had been earlier. The next day, I received a frantic phone call from Case. The kitty was not moving and desperately needed food. So, now three very allergic people had a kitten living with them.
Casey named 'her' George and was adamant that it wasn't Georgia it was George! Well after our visit with the vet, we discovered he was right!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

4th of July was so fun with you all! Great photo of George - he is hard not to grow attached to!

The Ascanios said...

Oh I miss the 4th in Manson!!! It sounds like you had a great time though!