On the 19th, I had the good fortune of traveling to Seattle with Shannon and Celeste. We went to a chocolate factory and learned all kinds of things about chocolate—all of it new to me! What fun! Although, I was reminded that I really do NOT like dark chocolate. They had us taste three or four different chocolates varying from 90% to 75% real cocoa. We then went to see the Troll under the Bridge and enjoyed lunch at Dick’s. We visited Pike Place Market and walked through the statue park. At the end of our trip, we stopped at Deception Pass and walked to the waterfall. It was breathtaking. Shannon and Celeste then taught me how to play Pooh sticks. I won. Of course I accidentally let go to early. We walked, talked, ate, shopped and enjoyed ourselves immensely. I look forward to next year’s trip!
We came home on the 21st and I headed back to Seattle on the 22nd to be moral support for my sister Cindi. She is going to college to get her Special Ed degree and has to take a few different tests. She is a lot like her big sister and test anxiety tends to get the better of her. She survived and we had the opportunity to spend some child-free moments just enjoying ourselves. We were back in our room by 7 and Cindi was asleep by 9! (Her boys still get up in the night) Oh how I remember those days when if I had the opportunity to get some sleep I did.
This past week has been a whirlwind. Casey had his senior pictures taken on Tuesday, and I on Wednesday had the opportunity to go up to Becky Fluegge’s house with the young women. They were having a sleep over and I was invited! (They needed a driver, but I know they really wanted me to come) On Friday, Kelly, Casey and I flew to Salt Lake City, picked up a rental car and drove to the outlet stores in Park City! We found a few great deals (Vans for $15) and enjoyed each other’s company. Andy stayed home to take care of George. He let me know that I really didn’t need to call him every four hours to make sure he was feeding him. So I am waiting until it’s been four hours and a minute. On Saturday I swear we visited every pawn shop in Salt Lake. We then went over to the Peterson’s (Trevor was one of the first missionaries to actually teach Kelly the discussions.) and his wife prepared an awesome dinner. She made creamy pasta with homemade bread and brownies from scratch! I couldn’t resist, so I had half a brownie with ice cream and hot fudge. YUM!!! Kelly and I are going to meet Trevor and his wife at the Bountiful Temple on Tuesday. We take Casey to BYU tomorrow and then Kelly and I have five days to ourselves. Whatever will we do?
My computer connection is terrible and wont let me upload any pictures..so pictures to come.
2 comments:
1. We would have wanted you at the slumber party even if you were the only one in the car
2. You are on vacation - eat a whole brownie, for goodness sake
3. LOVED our Seattle trip, and sweet friends
4. Enjoy your trip, I will miss you :)
What a lot you have going on. Congratulations on graduating from kindergarten. Have fun in Utah. Go to Timp Cave if you need something to do. It's a little hike but fun to do.
Post a Comment