So, we dropped Casey off at BYU after having the most AWESOME french toast ever! It's a wonder I didn't gain 15 pounds! Kelly and I then spent the day together and enjoyed our time. On Tuesday and Wednesday, we spent the majority of the days in the geneology library researching Kelly's family.
On Tuesday evening, Kelly and I went to the Bountiful Temple with Trevor and Christa Peterson. (Trevor is the missionary who first started teaching Kelly) We were able to perform sealings and then went to get the best custard (ice cream) ever! We also had the oppotunity to meet Trevor's parents.
On Wednesday, we went to the 'This is the Spot' where Brigham Young declared "this is the spot." :) We walked around and looked at all of the statues and the incredible view.
Thursday, we went back and hiked up behind the statues and took these awesome pictures.
On Friday, we spent the day at Seven Peaks Waterslides and enjoyed a very relaxing day! Can I just say... I LOVE wave pools. We then went to the Salt Lake Temple and loved it! The Celestial room is beautiful! I love that temple, inside and out!
We spent the rest of the evening rushing around looking for an extra carry on to ensure we would be able to get everything back home. We had to pick Casey up at 7 in the morning and get to the airport (an hour away) by 10:30. We returned to the hotel, and I asked Kelly if we should check into the airline early or wait til we got there. We knew we were in a push for time, so Kelly told me to go ahead and check in. I tried for about ten minutes, and after much panicking, I decided to check with travelocity. Well...... I discovered we didn't fly out until Sunday!
So, Casey spent the day resting in the hotel room. Kelly spent the day at the geneology center, and I spent the day shopping! We had a great time!
Then it was back to the real world! I walked with Celeste on Monday and then did some running and walking on my own. I don't know what I was thinking, but I committed to running a half marathon with a coworker in October.
School starts in a very short time, and I have yet to be able to get into my new classroom! Yikes!!!
3 comments:
Sounds like a great time. There's a lot to do in Salt Lake and bite your tongue for even mentioning school. I'm still on vacation.
Your photos are BEAUTIFUL! I am glad you had a good time... but glad to be walking with you again, too. :)
wow I am super impressed that you are running in a half marathon, I will chat with you sometime to see what your training schedule looks like.....I'm curious.
Post a Comment