Sunday, October 16, 2011

Time...Where Does It Go?

So much has happened in the past three months that I am not sure where to start.
I was able to get into my new room on the 20th of August (our 23rd anniversary and only 9 days before school started). Being in the 'older' grades, I decided to go with a Harry Potter theme. I love it! My mom came up and helped me paint murals for my room, and Kel came up with some great ideas as well. I will take pictures this week and post them. I am SO enjoying this year! I was worried about joining the fourth grade team and how well they would accept me. So far, life is good!
In early September, Casey broke his leg while at football practice. Panda,Casey and Marcus had been doing monkey rolls and Panda landed on Casey's leg. This is the third leg Panda has broken. The last two were on the opposing team! This happened on a Friday and we spent that weekend in the Tri-Cities. Casey practiced hard on Monday, but was tackled on Tuesday and caused Kurt Toolson enough concern that he suggested I take him in for an xray. Knowing I didn't have time during the day, we headed up to the Chelan Hospital to check it out. It took us about two hours to finally have an xray taken and the nurse assured us it wouls be another half hour before we would have results. So when the doctor walked in within five minutes I knew it wasn't good. Sure enough, he had broken his fibula. That was an incredibly tough moment. Knowing how hard Casey had worked during the summer, that his was his senior year, and how excited he was to play,as you can imagine he was devastated. The doctor told him to stay completely off of it for six weeks, gave us a cd with the xray and told us to call Dr. Dame on Friday. Casey went ahead with his team to the first game of the season in Ilwaco, and I went to the doctor for him. Dr. Dame was worried because they hadn't put a cast on it,so he sent us to see an orthopedic surgeon in Wenatchee. We went on Monday and Casey walked out without crutches. Long story short, he was able to play in his first game two weekends ago and his homecoming game this past weekend. (Pictures to come)
Our oldest son, Andy is making plans to move to Seattle in late November and has decided to attend the University of Washington. His girlfriend moved there this September and they don't think they can handle living so far apart.
I know there are a lot of things I am leaving out, but my brain is shutting down. So, I will take pictures and post more later this week.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You have definitely had a VERY busy Fall! I am glad you have still had time to walk with me. :)

Grammy Rae said...

Starting a year in a new grade is a lot of work. I'm glad it is working well. It's also great Casey has been able to play.

becky said...

I am glad Casey was able to finish out his senior year football season, until it happens to you no one really understands how hard it is!