Sunday, May 13, 2012

New Experiences!

So this week has been a busy one. I drove to Tacoma on Wednesday night to help put on our Washington Association of Bilingual Education conference. We had around 700 people attend! On Friday night, I had the opportunity to go out to dinner with Andy's girlfriend, Yulia. We went to Red Robbin and only got lost three or four times on our way there. I had a great time and think my son is lucky to have her. She is a very sweet young lady and I enjoyed getting to know her better. We tried to go and check out the college library but it was closed. When I took her home, she showed me her 'mini' studio apartment. Holy Cow! It was tiny.
As June 2nd rapidly closes in on us, we are busier than ever trying to get Casey ready to graduate, receive his Eagle, and moved to BYU. He has checked out a litte bit too early for my comfort and still has some work to do in order to graduate. Yikes! My baby is all grown up. We'll see what this week has to offer in the way of challenges.

2 comments:

The Ascanios said...

How can a senior "check out" too early with a helicopter mom??? Andy looks good.

Shannon said...

That is such a sweet picture of Andy and Yulia! And Casey is going to do GREAT. We will miss that boy!