Sunday, May 27, 2012
State Track and More!
This week has been full of action! After work on Monday and Tuesday, I came home and did some much needed cleaning. Knowing that next Saturday we will have lots of company, I needed to spend time getting things cleaned up. Wednesday was spent getting Casey ready for State Track. Casey spent the week turning in work and taking finals.
Friday found Kelly and I in Cheney waiting for Casey to throw and run. He was scheduled to throw shot put at 12:30 and run in the 4 X 100 at 1:30. Needless to say the coaches were a little worried that he wouldn't be able to do both. After a lot of running back and forth and throwing his final three throws without his throwing shoes, Casey threw a 44' 6" to place 6th in State! He was one happy boy. They didn't place in the 4 X 100 but they were just happy to be competing at that level. His friends Marcus Vanderholm and Alex Vanderholm also placed in their events.
Notice Casey's shoes!
Marcus and Casey showing off their medals (and an orange?!)
This week promises to be even busier with Senior Awards, Graduation, and Seminary gradution too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We love him. :) I know it was very stressful, but I am so glad he got to do the 4x100 - Paul will always cherish the memory of running with his "brother"!
Post a Comment