Sunday, May 6, 2012
The Power of Prayer
Today was definately a day that centered around the importance of prayer. During Fast and Testimony meeting the overriding theme seemed to be prayer and how we are blessed by prayer. My friend Shannon shared her testimony of prayer and a situation she had where her daughter had lost her ipohne and called her mom to ask her to pray. Needless to say, the iphone was found. I also had a testimony building experience this past Friday night.
Remember the newest member of our family George? Well Friday night George got lost. Kelly decided to let George go outside while he mowed the lawn. What he hadn't bargained on was George's fear of the mower. When Kel started up the mower George took off like a shot! Kelly finished mowing and was relaxing in the house when I came home. I asked if he had seen George lately and we went searching to no avail. We decided to head to Wenatchee for some time together and when we returned, still no George. We left all the doors open and looked EVERYWHERE. By 10, we decided to head to bed. I couldn't sleep and stayed up looking out the windows until 1:30 just sure that he would show up. Of course, I was saying prayers throughout all of this. I went to bed and woke up at 6:00 a.m. and knelt to say one more prayer. Afterward, I had the strongest impression to go back and look in the shed again. (Kelly had already looked 3 times.) The night before I had felt prompted to look their again, but brushed it off when I walked up and Kelly had the door open. So I looked a bit over the bank and again felt the impression to look in the shed. I walked over and peered through the window to find George all curled up in a pot we were storing. I know now that when I am prompted I need to do it right away! Poor George suffered an entire night trapped in a strange place because I didn't look where I had been prompted to. I am grateful to a Father in Heaven who truly answers our prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment