Sunday, October 14, 2012
Roller Coaster Ride!
After President Monson’s announcement changing the missionary age to 18, my life has been a bit topsy turvy. Casey of course called saying that he wanted to leave as soon as possible. The problem was trying to determine when to submit his papers and how that would affect his BYU status. After many conversations with Heavenly Father and his bishop, Casey has decided to wait and submit his papers as soon as he gets home in December. He is going to plan on going to winter semester and set his availability date for May 1st.
On a different note, I spent this week doing parent-teacher conferences and realizing just how lucky I am. I have the opportunity to reach out to 42 students and hopefully empower them in their learning. I love that I get to focus on teaching Language Arts and Social Studies this year! I have a great companion teacher to work with too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that is big news! It certainly has been a roller coaster ride. Good thing you have a vacation with real roller coasters to look forward to! :) I am proud of Casey for being humble and counseling with his bishop.
Post a Comment