Sunday, October 7, 2012
Well two weeks have gone by and I promised myself I would blog every week! Sometimes life has a way of getting in the way. Last week, I had to have a tooth pulled. It took oral surgery and I was down and out for a couple of days. I have been trying to be patient and hoping that the pain will subside. It has gotten better though. Now, it only hurts at night. By Sunday morning I wanted to do something so I made my nephews this:
This week, I anxiously looked forward to watching General Conference. Talk about news! President Monson announced that the age of missionaries was changing. Boys can now go when they turned 18 (as long as they graduated high school or the equivalent) and girls can now go at age 19! Well about three hours later, I received what would become one of many texts from Casey letting me know he wanted to go in January. He met with his bishop and will be putting his papers in when he gets home in December. He is going to be filing for a deferment from BYU and coming home to wait for his calling. Wow! My life just turned upside down. I am so excited, nervous, excited, nervous, and overwhelmed!
On a different note, Kelly and I ran up to Chelan between conference sessions on Saturday to put up the ‘whomping willow’. Do you think this OSHA approved? Yes that is books you see under the ladder. My husband has no fear. He wasn’t worried— I was holding the ladder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your advent calendar - soo cute! I have to come to school and see the womping willow, you didn't tell me you were making one! (And Kelly is crazy, haha.)
On a more serious note, I am praying for Casey, you, and all of the rest of us! :)
Post a Comment