This week has been a busy one. First, I want to report on how I did in relation to my goals. Kelly and I read our scriptures every day and even began praying together at night. I know this is something we should have been doing, but better late than never. I only found 1 healthy recipe but my oh my was it ever good. Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili (from funhomethings.com). Ingredients 2 chicken breasts, frozen 1 can Rotel tomatoes 1 can whole kernel corn, undrained 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed 1 pkg Ranch dressing dry mix 1 Tbsp cumin 1 tsp chili powder 1 tsp onion powder 1- 8 oz pkg cream cheese Directions: Place frozen chicken on the bottom of the Crock Pot. Cover with Rotel, black beans, corn and spices. Top with cream cheese. I made my Prayer Board (thank you Shannon) and put up some names. I am waiting for Casey to send me more to add. I created a list of projects and then finished them! I was also able to take one picture every day and posted them to Instagram. Now on to this week! I remember President Thomas S. Monson talking about the key to succeeding when you set goals, so I went onto lds.org and found two of his quotes. I think it’s worth posting because this is going to be my focus this year – self-improvement. “Without a goal there can be no real success.” And “"Where performance is measured, performance improves. Where performance is measured and reported, the rate of improvement accelerates." The last one really spoke to me, so for those of you who read my blog, I am going to be reporting to you. I want my rate of improvement to accelerate! Goal List for this Week: 1. Read my scriptures every day 2. Write in my gratitude and goal journals every day 3. Go to the gym on Tuesday and Thursday. 4. Finish eating by 8 o’clock each night. 5. Find one healthy recipe and try it out. Gratitude for the Week: I am grateful for a husband who serves in his calling 100%. He is my rock and my example. I am grateful for my baby sister who trusts me to help her with her homework and allows me to be a part of her life. I am grateful for two young men who call me mom and love me despite all of the mistakes I made raising them.
Sunday, January 26, 2014
New Year - New Beginnings
January 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am grateful for a sweet friend who came to support me in my Relief Society lesson! ❤️ It looks like you got a great start on your goals last week!
Post a Comment